Equipment Validation is a process that verifies whether an instrument performs according to its intended purpose, meeting predetermined specifications and requirements consistently. Transcat Validation Services are driven by customer requirements that outline the overall validation process, which can include specific testing phases within our qualifications.
The qualification steps within the validation can involve qualifying a piece of equipment based on its installation, operations, or reliable performance. Lab equipment qualifications are commonly done on new or modified equipment to ensure that it is installed properly and performing correctly.
Validation contributes to quality, efficiency, and in some cases, cost savings. Transcat can offer regulated industries the benefits of experienced personnel, customized protocol development, and precision-calibrated instruments ‚ with experience validating the performance of a wide range of instruments. The result? Companies and laboratories gain the documented evidence they need to meet regulatory requirements.
Lab Equipment IQs and OQs
Transcat's validation expertise covers a variety of laboratory equipment. We perform installation and operational qualifications on the following:
- Balances ‚ qualifications meeting USP 42 standards
- Centrifuges ‚ testing for control, RPM, time, and temperature
- Osmometers ‚ measurement of osmolality over full scale and testing of controller functionality
- Spectrophotometers ‚ qualifications associated with wavelength accuracy and linearity, photometric linearity, etc., using holmium oxide, potassium chloride and other filters
- Melting Point Apparatus ‚ verification of multiple melting point accuracies over full-scale range
During our laboratory equipment qualifications, we use NIST-traceable and, in some cases, 17025-accredited standards.
Flexible Validation Scheduling
Transcat provides flexible scheduling and service options on a wide range of equipment validations. You will also have the opportunity to review the custom protocols we develop prior to the scheduled validation. Request a quote on qualifying your new lab equipment today!